Welcome to the web site for Sediment and Solute Transport on Rivers and Margins (SSTORM) Research Group! Reide Corbett and J.P. Walsh from East Carolina University and the UNC Coastal Studies Institute lead the team.
Check out our research in/on wetlands, estuaries, barrier islands, shelves and groundwater.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Sunrise and Sunset: The Day Backwards

Sunset on the bridge... time for bed.


A few days on an ocean research vessel, you kind of get into a groove... whatever watch you're on.   Today was a beautiful, cool day.   After another long shift, I visited the bridge at sunrise to give a few more waypoints.   After breakfast (my dinner of blueberry pancakes) I was very happy to go to bed at ~10 AM.  I woke up at 5 PM  to grab some yummy grilled mahi mahi for breakfast.  Then I checked out what's happening with the day shift. As the sun set, the day watch worked quickly to process a core on deck and get ready for the next sampling effort.  I grabed a cup of coffee and did a little work before watch at 9 PM.  The moon was rising to light up my night.

Morning coffee... at sunset.







1 comment: