Welcome to the web site for Sediment and Solute Transport on Rivers and Margins (SSTORM) Research Group! Reide Corbett and J.P. Walsh from East Carolina University and the UNC Coastal Studies Institute lead the team.
Check out our research in/on wetlands, estuaries, barrier islands, shelves and groundwater.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Multicore Assembly

Today has been a good day. I got up and got to work. I was somewhat surprised to learn that the core was just arriving...by FEDEX! (Wow, that must not have been cheap way considering the size and amount of lead). Also, it came disassembled, so I had some work to do (see picture of core in boxes). But, it was basically a large jigsaw puzzle. I've made good progress today and have more time tomorrow. Now I need to help with some computer stuff (GIS). This software will allow us to see where our core sites are relative the bottom and and pipelines, etc. I better get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment